A recent Ace Metrix study found consumers feel coronavirus related ads are becoming repetitive and even exploitative in some cases.
The research found 44% of breaking ads tested since the beginning of 2020’s second quarter consisted of coronavirus related ads. But, among the remaining 56% of ads, product ads were the top performers. Idaho Potato’s “Side Dish” ad was the most resonating followed by Reynolds Kitchen and Shark Vac Mop among others.
Data indicates that consumers are tired of consuming health-crisis related adverts. Further, ads focusing on products can help brands connect with consumers at an emotional level.
Since consumers are mostly staying at home due to the pandemic, ads highlighting products that can help improve domestic life have been generating positive responses from consumers. Only four among the top 20 non-COVID-19 ads didn’t perform on metrics measuring gut reactions.
[2 minute read]