Focus on building trust with consumers to boost dropshipping business

New Ideas in MarketingEssential news for marketers, summarised by YouGov
September 07, 2021, 5:25 PM GMT+0

Dropshipping is an ecommerce fulfilment method where the store partners with third-party suppliers for their products.

To begin with, Dropshipping requires retailers to associate with reliable and trustworthy suppliers who deliver high-quality products within deadlines. Next, marketers need to focus on winning over customers’ trust, especially since the store itself is selling other people’s products. Feature customer reviews, ratings and videos to attract the audience’s attention and build confidence.

About 98% of visitors to a dropshipping site do not make purchases on the first visit. Instead of focussing wholly on the remaining 2%, marketers must retarget visitors to boost conversions. Create informative blog posts and optimise brand content for search engines with long-tail keywords to reach wider audiences.

Similarly, email marketing helps dropshipping stores offer consumers special discounts, set up popups and experiment with other lead generation tactics. Additionally, retailers can also consider organising giveaways to increase brand awareness.

Read the original article

[15 minute read]

Explore more data & articles