Online shoppers prefer buying directly from the brand website

New Ideas in MarketingEssential news for marketers, summarised by YouGov
October 27, 2021, 4:59 PM GMT+0

While social media sites offer digital storefronts, Livestream shopping and AR-enabled features, most consumers prefer retailer websites.

Although almost all social networks have their native digital storefront for shopping, 70% of consumers today click through to purchase products directly from the brand or retailer’s website. The remaining 30% shop for items from using a social platform checkout process.

Similarly, Gen Z and millennial audiences are more likely to shop directly from social media platforms. While brands must enable customers to purchase on social media storefronts, brands also need to offer the “view on website” option.

Of all social media sites, 22.3% of internet users above the age of 14 make at least one purchase from Facebook. Instagram and Pinterest follow Facebook. This year, digital shoppers in the US grew by 1.32% to reach more than 230 million customers.

Read the original article

[5 minute read]

Discover the top organisations in your market and industry that have customers buzzing using YouGovBrandRankings

Explore more data & articles