The Biggest Brand Movers are determined across 13 metrics within media consumption, brand health, and purchase funnel metrics and updated monthly, via YouGov BrandIndex.
Get free access to your brand’s statistically significant media, brand health, and purchase funnel improvements among Americans between August and July.
If interested, we’ll also present how your brand movement compares to your competitors. Simply reference the 2-4 brands you wish to see against in the form’s open message box.
Data for the Biggest Brand Movers compares statistically significant score increases across all BrandIndex metrics between the current and the previous month. Brands are ranked based on the number of metrics that saw a statistically significant increase from month to month. Metrics considered are:
Media & communication metrics:
- Aided Awareness – Whether or not a consumer has ever heard of a brand
- Ad Awareness – Whether a consumer has seen or heard an advertisement for a brand in the past two weeks
- Word of Mouth Exposure – Whether a consumer has talked about a brand with family or friends in the past two weeks
- Buzz – Whether a consumer has heard anything positive or negative about a brand in the past two weeks (net score)
Brand perception metrics
- Impression – Whether a consumer has a positive or negative impression of a brand
- Value – Whether a consumer considers a brand to represent good or poor value for money
- Reputation – Whether a consumer would be proud or embarrassed to work for a particular brand
- Satisfaction – Whether a consumer is currently a satisfied or dissatisfied customer of a particular brand
- Recommend – Whether a consumer would recommend a brand to a friend or colleague or not
- Quality – Whether a consumer considers a brand to represent good or poor quality
Purchase funnel metrics
- Consideration – If a consumer would consider a brand or not the next time they are in the market for a purchase
- Purchase Intent – Whether a consumer would be most likely or unlikely to purchase a specific product
- Current Customer – Whether a consumer has recently purchased/owns a given product or not